Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reflection.

Tonight I went over to my dads to hang out and helped him decorate his Christmas tree. It was just the two of us and had the perfect timing. Like I said in my last post, I haven't been really enjoying Christmas time. I haven't been able to decorate a tree yet, so for my dad to offer for me to help was perfect. :) We chatted, reflected on the past year and just had Dad and Beth quality time. I hadn't had that in forever.

Whenever we chat, we talk about our personal lifes and how much they've change. We talk a bit about the present and then somehow end up on our pasts. My dad and I have been through a lot together. He took me under his wing through out my parents divorce and ever since have been eachother's support system through everything. Anyways, my dad brought up how different our lifes have changed since 7-8 years ago. It's crazy to think about. Of course, the divorce got brought up and my dad is always afraid of offended his daughters when he says he doesn't think much of a our mother. Well duh. My mom hasn't thought much of my dad either. If they hadn't had us, they would be out of eachothers lifes completely. I think it's sort of selfish for us girls (I have two sisters) to say that mom and dad should have stayed together for us. Sure, it would have made our lifes a hell of a lot easier but obviously they were not happy. Sacrifices must be made in order to acheive happiness.

My family has undergone many changes and I've come to the realization that it will never be the same. We are all growing and changing apart from one another. I go with out seeing my mom and dad for weeks at time. If I didn't live with my older sister, the same would apply to my sisters. It's so weird to think about how often I don't see my family and how ok I am with that. I'm just so wrapped up and busy with my life, that I can't seem to find time to fit them in. Thank goodness for texting, otherwise I wouldn't talk to them much either... I need to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment